Railway Electrification Designer
Rail Electrification Designer (R.E.D) is an expert 3D information modelling program for overhead line electrification projects. It produces BIM ready designs in record time, vastly increasing quality and productivity. The software enables ‘design for construction’ throughout a project‘s lifecycle – from feasibility studies, through detailed design, up to and including scheme handback.
How it works
Designed from the ground up to be configurable, R.E.D is easily adapted to each individual. All of R.E.D’s outputs are customisable for any specific requirements. Configuration can be based on any customer CAD standards, including specific fonts, symbology, line weights, line styles, default text and dimensions. Engineers and project managers can specify preference based configuration, including engineering defaults like wire heights, system heights, figure rounding and rail gauges.
- R.E.D delivers a reduction of up to 60% in draughting costs, whilst making significant improvements to the quality of design.
- R.E.D is a simple, efficient system. It saves time and money, reduces the risk of error and error compounding and visualises designs in real-time. This reduces overall costs to the designer and customer. An engineer can also work more collaboratively with their draughting team to get the design right first time.
- R.E.D upholds quality. The models and outputs produced using R.E.D are guaranteed to be CAD compliant and geospatially and volumetrically correct. The design libraries within R.E.D are configured to show a level of detail that balances component definition. The system enables informed engineering decisions, while keeping design file size to a minimum.
- R.E.D simplifies BIM: As a design develops, more than just the visual elements are created. R.E.D is building layer upon layer of BIM data. For example, when a cantilever is designed, in the background R.E.D assigns asset information directly to the equipment consisting of geometric, engineering and allocation data. All of this is readily accessible using Microstation’s element information window. A highly flexible reporting system allows exporting of any data in the model into any presentation format.
- R.E.D takes full advantage of the iModel technology in Microstation, allowing a user to transfer a design or model to a portable device, including tablets and phones using iOS, Android or Windows Mobile.Making a design mobile means R.E.D enables construction and field engineers to have ready access to the latest, most up-to-date designs on-site.