Railway sleepers and timbers
Balfour Beatty supplies a wide range of railway sleepers and timbers for use in all rail infrastructure applications.
We provide hardwood, softwood, concrete and steel sleepers for mainline and sidings installations. We also stock new and serviceable hardwood and softwood timbers in varying lengths for use in switches and crossings (S&C).
Different types of timber treatment are available, including creosoted and green treated AC500. We also offer other grades of wooden sleepers for use in silo bays, roadways and landscaping purposes.
Our cutting service delivers non-standard size railway sleepers where necessary, such as in narrow gauge and light railway environments or in general landscaping projects.
Our stock includes:
- New/serviceable hardwood sleepers 2600 x 250 x 130mm (various grades)
- New/serviceable softwood sleepers 2600 x 250 x 125mm (various grades)
- New/serviceable hardwood timbers (2.400m to 6.000m+)
- Serviceable F-type concrete sleepers
- New G44, EG47, EG49 concrete sleepers
- New EG53 & G55 concrete cable management sleepers
- S1 chaired sleepers
- Pan 6/Pan 11 baseplated sleepers
For more information or to place an order please email us or call 0114 241 5000.